Why Use Oil?
Oil is the preferred choice of an increasing number of homeowners throughout the British Isles. In terms of popularity, oil is second only to natural gas... and significantly more popular than solid fuel, LPG and electricity. Oil is an affordable, safe, clean burning and environmentally responsible fuel choice that in some UK regions (e.g. Northern Ireland) oil is the preferred fuel choice of almost 75% of households.
But with a bigger energy choice than ever before, why are more and more British householders and homeowners choosing oil?
- You only pay for the oil you use
- There are no standing charges for oil heating, unlike some natural gas and electricity tariffs. To make oil heating even easier to manage, many oil suppliers allow you to pay by direct debit. You can also order as much or as little oil as you like – subject to minimum fill quantities - and modern electronic oil tank contents gauges such as the Apollo, allow you to monitor your fuel use affordably and conveniently.
- Oil is competitively priced
- Modern condensing oil boilers have energy efficiency ratings in excess of 95% and have been independently acknowledged as being more efficient than electric, LPG and natural gas alternatives.
- Oil is an inherently safe fuel choice
- Heating oil is not flammable at normal room temperature, unlike natural gas and LPG. Further, modern oil installations are protected by 'remote acting fire valves'. In the highly unlikely event of your boiler malfunctioning, the fuel supply will immediately and automatically cease.
- Oil is an environmentally responsible fuel choice
- Most modern oil tanks are bunded tanks and consist of a tank within a tank, so in the event of a spillage, any surplus fuel will be safely contained within the outer tank and thereby prevented from entering the environment. Today's heating oil (kerosene) is also highly refined and quite literally bursting with energy... permitting today's oil appliances to be more efficient than natural gas, LPG and electricity alternatives!
- Oil offers a genuine choice of supplier
- There are literally dozens of fuel distributors throughout the country competing for your business. You choose the supplier that suits you and you can change supplier at any time. Unlike natural gas, oil is available in even the most remote locations from a choice of local suppliers. Visit Yell.com to find details of your nearest supplier or contact the Federation of Petroleum Suppliers.
- Oil is stored on your premises
- Unlike natural gas, your supply will not be interrupted by factors outside your control. Many oil suppliers can also remotely monitor your tank from their depot using technology such as Dunraven Systems' RMS System, to ensure that you need never run out of oil... allowing you to combine the flexibility of oil heating with the convenience and assurance of supply, traditionally a feature only of mains fuels e.g. natural gas and electricity.
Every year, more and more British homeowners are choosing clean burning, low emission, oil heating systems as the perfect solution to their home heating requirements.
For safe, clean and economical home heating wherever you live... oil heating takes some beating!